We’re Hiring a Tech Coordinator!
—Published on 9th Dec, 2019.
FILMCO is currently seeking to employ a part-time Technical Coordinator. Interested candidates are invited to apply by sending a cover letter listing 2 references and CV to email@example.com Please use the following as your e mail subject: FILMCO Vacancy: Technical Coordinator. The application deadline is January 1st, 2020. Successful candidate will need to be available to begin work January 13th, 2020.
Employment Position type: Part time/ contract position, minimum of 32 hrs/ 4 days a week (8 hrs per day, based in the FILMCO office, although it may be necessary to work remotely on occasion).
Duration: 1 YEAR: 13th January 2020 – 8th January 2021 (3 month probationary period ending 10th April 2020)
- BACKGROUND AND OVERVIEW
Created in 2017, the Filmmakers Collaborative of Trinidad and Tobago (FILMCO) is a non-profit organization dedicated to creating a sustainable ecosystem for film and television producers and directors in Trinidad & Tobago and the wider Caribbean. FILMCO’s core areas of focus are currently: Distribution of films and television series; Professional development and training programmes as well as developing a vibrant membership organisation.
2. SCOPE OF DUTIES
The Technical Coordinator will report to the Distribution/ Programming Manager and will be expected to work in a deadline driven environment with multiple responsibilities and duties, and changing situations. He/ she will work both independently and in a team environment, without close supervision and as part of an interdependent team of professional staff members. Local travel to deliver content to broadcasters and venues will be required.
Technical Coordinator DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
As the Technical Coordinator your responsibilities will revolve around receiving and organising content, ensuring its readiness for broadcast and or exhibition and maintaining up to date online channels, and will include, but not be limited to:
- Receive and download film and television content
- Upload all content to FILMCO’s storage (both original and television edited versions)
- Upload all film trailers to the required FILMCO/ ttff online channels
- Perform basic editing functions including cutting for commercial breaks, adding video bumpers, pulling promotional clips, blurring for censorship
- View all content received and edit as necessary to adhere to censorship guidelines
- Liaise with broadcasters and or film exhibitors as necessary
- Deliver necessary content to broadcasters and or film exhibitors
- Maintain organised digital filing for film content
- Update relevant spreadsheets with content submitted to broadcasters/ exhibitors
- Implement and maintain a log of all films received, processed and delivered with necessary data (including format, length, bit rate and hyperlink to location on file)
- Troubleshoot any and all tech issues related to the role
- Stay up to date on all broadcast standards
- Ensure timely communication – internal/ external – for the organisation (telephone, email) on a daily basis so that relevant team members have a clear sense of workload, deliverables etc
- Run video playback/ projections as necessary at FILMCO and trinidad+tobago film festival events
- Keep editing computer updated and in good working order
- QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
A love of films and knowledge of the local film/ television scene is not essential but would be an asset
1-2 years of experience as video specialist of a similar role\ Experience of using video and editing equipment
- SKILL SET
Proficient in Video Editing and video effects Software (DaVinci Resolve, Adobe After Effects)
Knowledge and a good understanding of motion graphics is preferred
- Work Ethic
Good time-management skills
Great interpersonal and communication skills
Able to work independently
Proactive, organised, with a keen eye for details
Able to multitask under tight deadlines
Flexible and responsive
Be a team player, problem solver, eager to learn, polite and possess a good sense of humour