DURBAN FILM MART – CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
—Published on 9th Jun, 2023.
Calling all producers who have projects in development and want to co produce with countries in Africa. Filmmakers Collaborative of Trinidad and Tobago (FILMCO) is pleased to partner with the Durban FilmMart this year, to offer two spots to producers from Trinidad who have projects in development and want to co-produce with countries in Africa.
Accreditation will be provided at no cost to attendees. The FilmMart will be hosted from July 21-24, 2023 in Durban, KwaZulu-Natal province, South Africa. A special space will be allocated for Caribbean representatives, to pitch their project to specifically attract co-production partnerships between Africa and the Caribbean.
ABOUT THE DURBAN FILMMART
The annual Durban FilmMart (DFM) is a Pan-African finance and co-production market designed to create partnerships and further the development and production of African Cinema. The DFM was named in UNESCO’s 2021 Film Trends in Africa Report as ‘the continent’s best film market’. The next edition of the Durban FilmMart will return fully as an in person event in Durban, South Africa in July 2023.
“Over the last 13 years, projects pitched at DFM have attracted attention from both the local and international film industry, DFM Alumni projects continue to have success on both small and big screens,” says Magdalene Reddy, Director of the Durban FilmMart Institute. “We are committed to providing filmmakers with a platform which gives access and creates opportunity for growth.”
- Applicants must be available to travel to Durban, South Africa to participate in the Durban FilmMart (DFM)
- Your passport must be valid for travel.
- Selected applicants will have to participate in a FILMCO online prep session in advance of attending the Film Market to prepare your pitch deck.
- Attendees will be required to fund flights, meals and accommodation.
- Applicants must be a FILMCO member. We are happy to have you become a member, in order to become eligible. LEARN MORE ABOUT MEMBERSHIP HERE!
The application deadline is 11:59 pm AST, June 30, 2023.