MARCHÉ DU FILM – CALL FOR PRODUCERS NETWORK and impACT LAB APPLICATIONS
—Published on 9th Mar, 2023.
FILMCO in partnership with Marché du Film – Festival de Cannes (Cannes Film Market), is pleased to announce a call for applications for the 2023 Marché du Film – Producers Network and impACT Lab.
The Marché du Film, located at the heart of the world’s most prestigious film festival, is a key global event for the world of cinema and ranks as the leading film market for deals; attracting over 12,500 professionals from all over the world, the entire industry is represented and brought together to meet, share ideas and make deals. During pitching sessions, filmmakers will discover projects and works-in-progress; and watch exclusive films from the Festival de Cannes Official Selection and parallel sections. They will meet new people at networking events like thematic speed meetings, workshops, and even cocktail parties. They will also discover emerging trends through conferences and panels led by inspiring global leaders.
About Producers Network
The Producers Network is the go-to place for producers seeking to make the most out of their time in Cannes. Launched 16 years ago, the Producers Network welcomes more than 400 producers from all around the world for a series of meetings and unique events specifically designed to create opportunities to build your peer network and get international co-production projects off the ground.
- Registration is restricted to producers whose main activity is production and who have produced within the last SIX years at least one feature-length film commercially released in a theatre or commercially distributed on global video streaming platforms.
- Screenings during festivals will not be accepted as commercial distribution.These professionals must provide proof of personal credits as a film producer (and not only their companies). Official documents may be required as proof to complete the request.
Up to three participants will be chosen for the Producers Network!
About impACT Lab
The impACT Lab was designed specifically to help emerging producers develop essential skills needed for the ideal positioning of their projects in the global marketplace. The sessions will provide insider tips on how to best approach potential partners and create innovative funding opportunities to give these impactful projects greater scope on an international scale.
impACT will offer inspirational speeches, round tables and master classes. The initiative aims to foster more meaningful storytelling and give the industry the insight and tools to achieve equality at different levels of filmmaking from script to screen.
impACT is an extension of the Festival de Cannes’ and Marché du Film’s investment in corporate social responsibility that will dictate how the market and companies operate today and tomorrow. It will examine every stage of the filmmaking process to explore how to incorporate diversity, inclusion, representation and sustainability not only on the screen, but behind the camera in all stages of production.
The programme includes:
- two online workshops between selected participants and the experts and
- three sessions in Cannes
One applicant will be chosen for the impACT Lab!
- Applicants must be available to travel to France and spend 6/7 nights to participate in the Marché du Film (May 17 – May 23, 2023).
- Your passport must be valid for travel in May 2023 .
- Selected applicants will have to participate in FILMCO online prep sessions in advance of attending the Film Market to prepare your pitch deck, budget and any imagery or (where possible) video elements that might strengthen your deck. We will meet online once a week for approximately 6 weeks to discuss and offer feedback on developing pitch decks etc.
The application deadline is 11:59 pm AST, March 16, 2023.
FILMCO is working to provide support with accommodation and travel for participants.